Saturday, March 25, 2006

New Standards & Practices Stuff

I'm excited to say that the myspace site for my band "Standards & Practices" has been updated with a new track called "Details". Its great to work in a duo setting, as it frees us up so much. I was slow to realize, but in this format we can actually do a lot less than in the quartet, and still keep the music interesting. This piece sets up a groove that quickly builds tension as Shareef messes with the time, then I lock into a chord sequence that Shareef solos over. After that, we go back to the feel of the first section, but this time I solo while Shareef is limited in the timbres that he can use. It works very well live, and it is a definite departure from the jazzier stuff of yester-year. Check out the new song at our myspace site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home