Tuesday, March 28, 2006

S&P, Lascaux

So I've been diligently setting things in motion for standards & practices goodness. Adding a lot of myspace friends, booking recording date, coming up with new tunes, and hopefully getting gigs. (We're playing this Wed. at Empire). What I'm interested in with this group is coming up with more and more ways to allow flexiblilty in improv. Giving the players choices and rules as guidelines for interesting music. I also like when we are playing things that don't normally go together, and to somehow keep that organized. Its cool as a duo, because we can try out pretty much anything, and just go from there.

In trio news, Lascaux (Jason Arce on sax, Pinson Chanselle on drums, and me) is playing this Saturday at Blue Mountain Coffee in Carytown at 8pm (and its free). Also, John D'earth will be sitting in with us, so I'm pretty excited. He is an amazing trumpet player that has played with everyone from Miles Davis to Miles Davis, and everything in between! He's got a great band with an amazing drummer Emre Khatari called Origin that has played Patchwork stuff before. So I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home