Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Recording Soon

So just got back from Ones & Zeros practice, and I can't wait to record with those guys. This new song we have is coming along real nice, and its fucked up. I do a lot of 5 over 4 stuff, and Josh and Nick do a bunch of weird unison hits, and somehow it always ends up sounding cool and not too busy. Not sure what the title will be, but I will say that one of my students at the Y gave me the best potential title..."Red is the sound of Lava". Man, he's only 8 and he comes up with all the greatest word combinations ever! Also, getting stuff ready for Standards & Practices to record as well. Thats a whole different thing, where I'm interested in one long continuos set of music, and a lot of space for improvising within the parameters of the tune. There will be more reading than I'm used to on that one, but I think it adds a great aesthetic to have constant changes. So the future's looking good for these bands---now we just need to play out more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home