Monday, April 17, 2006

Braxton, OK

I just can't stop getting Anthony Braxton music. I just keep getting more and more into his structures and methods of improvisation. Luckily, I've been able to do so and still save a lot of money by checking out live shows posted on dimeadozen.org, and albums posted on jazzpourtous. Its been great to listen to all of this material and try to soak in whats actually happening. Also, it was great to see that someone on dimeadozen posted the very show that my brother and I went to at the Iridium. Good Times!

Also, I'm still getting material together for Standards & Practices, and I'm starting to make better friends with standard notation (I've kind of always had a love/hate relationship with it). We have a gig now at Commercial Taphouse that I will hopefully be able to get the River City String Quartet for. They played last night with The Ok Bird, and it was amazing. David Chamberlain (leader of the quartet) is the man! So all positive and forward moving developments.

These developments will be greatly aided by Google Calendar---all I can say is that this thing rules major ass.

Links:
Dime A Dozen
Jazz Pour Tous
The OK Bird
River City String Quartet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home